N-Track Studio 8 Pro is a Music Studio gone mobile...and social.
GarageBand 2.2 brings Apple's mobile DAW features like Multi-Track Recording, a redesigned Sound Browser, Mixer Tracks with Studio-Grade effects and Alchemy Synth integration.
Audio Evolution Mobile- Android
Finally a crew of DAW developers have decided to get their hands dirty and try to tackle Android’s audio latency issues and managed to create an app that rival’s any other desktop DAW in the Process (think Cubase or Pro Tools). And that app my dear friends,is Audio Evolution Mobile.
Created by Netherland company eXstream Software, who seemed to have even beat the much anticipated FL Studio Mobile for iOS to the punch, (at least when it comes to audio tracks) even though Image-line has announced that audio recording was in development for Android going for a little over a year. There isn’t any MIDI functionality or virtual instuments as of yet, but the developer has those features in the update pipeline. Update:As of April 16th, XtremeSD has updated AE to include MIDI instruments,external USB MIDI and Soundfont compatibility!
When you first start up AE it checks for licenses that can be obtained through IAP’s (in-app-purchases) or as individual apps that can be used standalone. The beauty behind choosing soundfonts as the preset format is that it’s probably the oldest, most universal sound format on the planet. And generally open-sourced,you can find a plethora of soundfonts on the internet.
The MIDI and Audio tracks work great on a touchscreen device, the app is rock-solid and there’s a superb sense of functionality that comes with completing a track in the program for the first time. I recorded of one my latest releases on Soundcloud ‘Shades’ in AE, and while I must add the recording is more so the result of over a decade of recording experience- the app is capable of pulling THIS off…
The ability to use most USB audio interfaces and midi controllers makes Audio Evolution the most advanced DAW on Android for now- at least until Caustic and FL Mobile adds Audio Tracks.
Along with having an affordable Desktop version for taking your sessions to another level, the app has every standard feature that you can find in Desktop DAWs:
• Multitrack audio recording/playback
• MIDI sequencing (in-app purchase required)
• Non-linear non-destructive editing with move, trim, split, cut/copy/paste, remove, cross-fade and range editing
• Virtual instruments based on SoundFonts (in-app purchase required)
• Loop playback
• Volume/pan/mute automation
• Latency correction
• Import of WAV, MP3, AIFF, FLAC, Ogg/Vorbis audio files
• Import of m4a, 3gpp, amr and other audio formats that Android supports if you are running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean or higher
• Mastering to stereo WAV, AIFF, FLAC or OGG file
• Software monitoring for USB audio devices and some Android devices that have low enough latency
• Sample rate conversion
• Zoom down to the sample
• Each track has controls for volume, panning, mute, solo, arm, 3-band EQ with mid-sweep, 3 insert effects and output bus selection
• Unlimited number of tracks (*)
• Unlimited number of groups (*)
• Real-time effects include: chorus, compressor, delay, dual delay, reverse delay, reverb, bandpass, highpass, lowpass, flanger, noisegate and tremolo
• Offline effects: fade in/out, normalize, reverse, pitch shift, time stretching while maintaining pitch
• Unlimited undo/redo for editing facilities
• Several grid options for aligning your samples (with tempo and time signature settings)
• Repeat samples with several options to create loops
• Add markers and quickly jump to them
• Load/Save projects including loading projects from our desktop DAW Audio Evolution 5
• Can use ES File Explorer to select samples for import
The desktop version of Audio Evolution that allows you to open sessions from the Mobile app and expand your session with vst instruments and effects.